16 Feb 2009

One fine moment...

Being a true lover of diverse cultures, I had the pleasure of joining my Chinese friends in a Chinese style dinner. Actually, they invited me for a dinner at their place. I still can't remember If I had done any big favor for being invited like this. But I guess what matters is whether you are a true friend or not.

Sherry Invited me over to her place couple of weeks ago but she had to postpone it due to busy schedules of both of us. To be honest, I was not really looking forward to that as we all understand, sometimes things get complicated and people forget. But not Sherry. She invited me again when everything got back to normal (and before it gets busy again) and I, surprised but happy, warmly welcomed her invitation. The reason why I was happy is that this small incident proved me how Chinese people value their relationships and mutual understanding. What is more fascinating than experiencing a text book theory you learned few years ago?
Sherry came to walk me to their apartment which I found quite amazing. Worth the money they pay. Fancy glossy lift gives it a rich look.

Ben, Aimee, and Alise (Sorry if I have misspelled) were awaiting and some of them were giving the final touch to the dishes. They looked delicious. And of course they were. We started off with a soft drink and after a small talk we then slowly moved into indulge ourselves with the fabulous Chinese style dinner. After the dinner, I was lucky enough to have a traditional Chinese green Tea.
Dinner included dishes of Scrambled egg with tomato (Xi hong shi chao dan),Saute spicy chicken( da pan ji ),pearl flower vegetables(cao hua cai), spicy rib(xiang la pai gu),roast chicken wing(kao ji chi).



I must say how grateful I am. All the meals were very nicely cooked and I really enjoyed their wonderful hospitality.
For me, it was a reminder that still there are nice people in this world. Because I know that there were no strings attached to that dinner. Just a pure thought of friendship. Of course I could have visited a Chinese restaurant and order the same menu, but what important is not just the meals, but also what it represents, Friendship.
According to what Ben said, I think I managed to eat a lot and thereby show them that I'm a good friend :-)
Thanks for the treat fellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Trace IP